Idle Mind's Workshop

 The Idle Mind's Workshop


 Crack.. Crack.. Tak.. Tak... The mind was merrily building away stories. "Who is that new chick on the 12th block? What is she doing at the gynaec's clinic? Who are they pushing into the car? Why is the dog barking? When will it stop barking? How many barks are done and how many remaining? STOP... Stop the thread or I would go mad! Now don't question my sanity for I had long lost it along with my maturity. Wow! Mentally I yelled so loudly that even the dog had responded. It was now just growling in the throat and me in the mind. 


Yes my Idle Mind was productively busy in its workshop. Ya correct the Devil's one for my pet name was Satan or the Hindi version Shaitan. My mind had taken me to places where my crooked body couldn't pace up. It had carried me on its hump back of imagination and shown me the eight wonders. Not of the world but of others mind. Yes secretly we both had tiptoed to the realms of minds next doors. 

Shhhh...  I was venturing into unguarded territories of fetish fantasies and rubbish thrills.

I was secretly reading minds that were galloping like untamed horses. Wow!! There was so much to do with what I had nothing to do absolutely!

Like few days back, my mind could smell the first wonder in Mrs. Seth's mind -PERFECTION. Looking at my mismatched bedsheets and cushion covers she had remarked, "Blue doesn't go with black na? They just overshadow each other." Lovely input but for me they were just sheets covering the stained naked humble beddings. 


The second wonder we discovered more recently was in the debries of Mr. Khanna's mind- PROCASTINATION when in the society meeting all he could worry was about tomorrow. "Tomorrow if the corona doesn't end we will require a permanent sheild at the society building. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain we might require a groundwater source. Tomorrow if RamSingh doesn't come, one of us has to guard the gates... " I had this uncontrollably urge to shout in his face that," The society sipahi is off guard today also! Let's talk of today." But kept to myself realizing present tense was a thing of past to him. 


The third wonder had invited us to participate in its show at Mr. Sinha's mental faculties. PERFORMANCE, the third wonder kept the young pup of the Sinhas' on his paws. This gentleman in twenties worked on performing his best from bathroom to bedroom to badminton courts. And how did I know the formers? Oh coz the other day he was seen whispering sweet nothings in the chemist's hairy ears. Hopefully, the third wonder does wonders to him. 


My mind and me, though a little tired of our Wonder Tour still gapped ahead to marvel at the next wonder. PRESSURE, the fourth in row was Mrs. Choubey's second name. From her cooker to her cockle there was building pressure inside each of her properties. "Bacha, it's 99 only. Had it been 100 we would have definitely celebrated!" She counseled  her only son who had made it to the top five of JEE(Mains) entrance exams. God must have been in pressure will he crafted her, somewhere something was amiss. 


"Five and then we must take a break darling." I pleaded to my idle mind. How long were we going to continue our musings, only the reader's enthusiasm could tell. So, fifth was an accidental discovery hiding beneath our own lanky feet but we crampled it with our mindless galloping. Peace the fifth wonder was nobody's. No Khanna, no Sinha had found it. It swaggered the holy minds of rishis and gurus but as it got in our legs trying to climb higher we kicked it out of sight. Who had the time to be peaceful now? Being at peace was the object of admiration of yogis, rogis and mrutyu bhogis. We needed pace not peace. 


I stomp my feet angrily, "I ain't going further! I better get to work my idle mind." I pushed open the exit. Being idle was boring. Let's get to some real work. You all can when in the idle mind's workshop discover the remaining three wonders. As and when found, keep it to yourself and don't bother to write a blog. 


Why? The answer lies in the sixth wonder- Personal. Some things are solely yours not meant for frivolous public like me. Not even your left ear should know the secrets of being right. So, enjoy it your personal way.   


Whatever my mind made me believe today, it left me possesed. Yes, while bringing down the shutters of the idle workshop it gave me a glimpse into the seventh wonder- POSSESSIONS. It had made me believe what a gem of a person I was who was not everybody's cup of green tea. I possesed myself completely over anything else. 


"Hey, a little more space. Ouch.. budge a little more... Oh finally there!" The eighth wonder just couldn't stay out. It too wanted to join the bon homie of the other seven wonders. The moment it walked in, the idle mind's workshop was closed forever. It never let the mind be idle even in its blissful dreams. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the eighth wonder into your lives-Passion! See how miraculously you would become a living wonder then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anda Gondu Thanda pani

I'm a chess mom

Dabbafull of memory