A Dog's life


 One two three... Some slow, some fast. Some walk, some run. Some sit, some talk. Some watch, some observe. I prefer the latter. This is the dusk time. Birds fluttering their way to nest. The sun fading away in the oblivion. Mothers nudging their little ones to take the first step towards washing rituals at home. The last occupant has abandoned the swing which is now oscillating finding it difficult to come to a standstill. Its home calling. 

But this beast, the Man's Best friend is still here. It lies recklessly on the pavement in the garden. Occasionally, growling displaying its profound existence. Or significance? Maybe both. As I sit in solitude, its periodic snarls give me company. Love his carefree approach. Admire its I Care a Damn attitude. Not occupying a colossal space yet claiming authority over its boundaries. Some how it gets what it wants. Audacity in the face of adversity. Never is a bark a humble plea still the big dark eyes speak volumes asking for generosity. So many contrasting characters, commanding yet loyal; stray yet belonging; fierce yet moist; all contractures but one individual. 

I want to be you. Be wild yet remain tamed. Loyal but on my terms. Belonging to all but owned by none. Reckless survival but not disturbing mundane responsibility. I want to be you. A stray for whom the next meal is provided without a tantrum. A stray for whom the whole world is a home. Thinking about only today and now. Living in the present  moment. They say every dog has his day, I wait for that day when Iam called the dog and not bitch! 

Can I be you? I too have to return to the whistling pressures and release them in the warmth of a home cooked meal. I too have to attend the clatter cleansing rituals. In fact perform them with the authority of a head priest. Yet can I be you? 

The last occupant of the bench has left its territory in the name of unknown. Its home calling for me too. Whoever occupies that position may find the same solitude and ditto inspiration as I found today. Maybe tomorrow I will have an answer to can I be you. 


Comments

  1. Yes...... But the sheer state of street dogs makes my backbone bleek.....currently handling 5 at home.....but not able to accept them whole heartedly which could be because of the painfull past experiences of dog bite n the 14 needles which my stomach bore.....doesn't allow my mind to accept the invitation....but my heart goes out and says just one bad incidence should not dominate my thoughts and push my mind into thinking negative about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mam,
    Why to be one if we can change the future of thoose who starve on the street for food and who wait for their master to come help them. Why to bee one of we can save the life of one who is currently in that state

    Your truly,
    Daksh Darekar

    ReplyDelete
  3. obe just a little bit of time for them ad not spending the time on phone or something else .U can just fulfill their stomach and provide them food and water and taking care of them and letting them now that someone is there for them and making them happy nor than making
    Them sad u can always rescue them if someone is hitting them but this not only for dogs we all can do it for all the animals and bird by just removing a little bit of time nor spending it on phone

    Your truly,
    Diaa Darekar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya mam but u can always save their more than just letting them feel that someone is there for them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the way you wrote your outlook from the stray dog’s page of life.
    It reminded me of a free bird expressing itself in comparison to a bird in a cage. Nice vocab and emotions knitted into your write up.
    Keep up the great bold writing (especially thinking out of the box) and keep inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful thoughts which moved me deeply Aparna. Loved the lines - not occupying colossal space yet claiming boundaries,

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many thoughts, so many emotions deftly juxtaposed! I admire the way you have highlighted the need to be independent while being chained to responsibilities! Well penned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many thoughts, so many emotions deftly juxtaposed! I admire the way you have highlighted the need to be independent while being chained to responsibilities! Well penned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anda Gondu Thanda pani

I'm a chess mom

Dabbafull of memory